The purpose of the University Staff Grievances Policy is to resolve workplace related disputes and to ensure that policies and procedures are being adhered to and uniformly applied.
About the policy:
- The policy applies to Classified/University Staff employees.
- The policy goes into effect July 1, 2015.
- Employees may exercise all rights and procedures in the policy without being subject to harassment or retaliation.
The grievance process includes:
- Informal resolution between the employee and supervisor.
- Hearing with the College, School or Division representative.
- Hearing with the Office of Human Resources (OHR).
- Hearing before an impartial hearing panel/campus hearing officer – or – WERC (if permanent employee prior to July 1, 2015).
- The University Staff Grievances Policy was featured in the March 19, 2015 Inside UW-Madison. Find the article here.
- The policy was finalized on Friday, February 20, 2015.
- On Monday, December 15, 2014, the Classified Staff Congress voted to approve the modified grievance policy.